Kolkata: Finding the perfect partner can be a difficult journey. But if you have get hold of the right matchmaking app, then the job can be a bit easy. Matrimony.com announced the launch of Jodii, an exclusive vernacular matchmaking app for the masses in Kolkata on Tuesday. The service is available in Bengali, and nine other languages including Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Tamil and Telugu.
The company rolled out the service based on its successful history of helping Indians find their perfect life partner over the past 22 years, and its understanding that a large section of the population is looking for a matchmaking service in their mother tongue. The service is available on Android and Google Play Store. In terms of profession, the service will appeal to blue collar workers and self-employed people.
Indian language internet users account for nearly 75% of the country’s user base. 90% of internet users in India prefer to consume content in their local language. Bengali is spoken by over 97 million speakers, of which 42M are internet language users. The penetration of the mobile internet coupled with falling handset prices has aided the growth of first-time mobile internet users from the smaller towns across the state. Pandemic further created the urgency for a lot of these users to start adopting digital services at a never imagined pace.
Arjun Bhatia, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Matrimony.com, says, “In an increasingly digital world, Jodii is a simple technology solution that breaks the barrier for every common India to find a life partner of their dreams. Jodii offers choice, convenience and safety to find a match. We’re also empowering women to make decisions that can positively impact their life.”
Highlights of Jodii:
- Jodii is simple to use and available in 10 languages including Bengali. It seeks basic information for creating a profile.
- Users can register in their language and choose their match by religion, city, community, education and income.
- Jodii offers privacy and safety while searching for their suitable life partner.
- Women members have the option to hide their photo and show it only to matches they like.
- All male members are required to verify their profile with a government identity proof.
- Registration on Jodii is free and it also has affordable paid plans for some added benefits like directly call a profile you like or view horoscopes of profiles.