* Competition seeking ideas, inspiring stories and solutions from students to fight climate change
* 10 winners/teams to get guided tours of world’s largest renewable power projects
Climate change poses a fundamental threat to the planet and needs to be addressed with the utmost urgency. To give momentum to global action against climate change, Tata Power’s Switch Off to Switch On campaign announced ‘Challenge of Climate Change’, a school competition to attract bright and powerful ideas for a better earth.
The national-level competition for students of Classes IV-XII in India will be conducted under the aegis of Tata Power Club Enerji (TPCE). It will accept blogs, videos and poster ideas that will not only help understand the climate change challenge, but also provide solutions that can be emulated for wider success across the country.
The competition will be judged by a jury comprising renowned advertising professionals, marketing heads of FMCG brands, academia and renewable energy industry experts. It will have nine distinct heads for solution submissions that include ideas to bring behavioral changes, clean commuting and a sustainable food ecosystem, besides supporting climate change victims, energy conservation and green energy, waste-to-wealth ideas, creating green spaces and an energy conserving economy.
To encourage wide participation, the judges will declare 10 winning individuals, or teams who will receive a guided tour of some of the world’s best renewable power projects and be invited to attend a special talk by an industry expert on how renewables are changing the power industry outlook and helping fight climate change.
‘Making young minds tomorrow’s messengers’
‘Since 2007, Tata Power Club Enerji has emerged as an effective medium for promoting energy conservation for the larger consumer population by making young minds tomorrow’s messengers. This has not only raised significant awareness among elders, but also created a new generation that’s aware of such vital subjects as climate change and resource conservation and makes a difference in its own way. Through this competition, we aim at inviting new ideas and solutions’
— Shalini Singh, Chief, Corporate Communications & Sustainability, Tata Power
Spreads energy conservation awareness
- TPCE is an energy and resource conservation club that focuses on bringing about first-hand realization of the energy crisis and scarcity of natural resources in India
- With increasing demand for energy, its effective management and conservation has become the need of the hour. Recognizing the immense value that schools and schoolchildren can bring to the initiative and taking due consideration of this urgent need, Tata Power started TPCE to propagate efficient usage of energy and educate society in climate change issues in 2007
How to join the competition?
- Students can submit their entries as a team, or as individuals by October 30, 2019, by visiting http://www.clubenerji.com/betterearth.aspx
- The winners will be announced on November 20, 2019.
(This competition is the continuing leg of the ongoing national campaign, Switch Off to Switch On)
Club Enerji Website – www.clubenerji.com
Club Enerji film on ‘Save Water’: https://www.youtube.com/embed/m0KctI72vLU
Club Enerji Green Community: https://www.tatapower.com/green-community
Video on I CAN Climate Change: